Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Texas Trip- October 2010

In October Brady and I along with my parents headed to Texas for week to visit my brother Josh and his family. It took about 17 hours to get there. Here is Brady watching another movie to pass the time. It was fun but long!
We did stop in a town in Texas to tour the Blue Bell Creamery on our way to Josh's. It was fun and of course we got free ice cream at the end.

My mom being silly...17 hours in a car can do that to you.

Here is Brady with Braiden (Josh's oldest). They had a blast together and bonded like they see each other all the time. In fact I have been told that even after we returned home Braiden still wants to go to "Brady's house" and play. Josh and Amber have to remind him that Brady is in Arizona now.
We stayed at a KOA. It was really nice and had fun stuff to do. We were right across the street from Josh's apartment so it was nice to be close. They had a huge pool indoors and a hot tub. We took advantage of it and had a great time.
These are the best! Josh brought us some for breakfast and we were hooked. Its a homemade roll with food inside like: bacon, sausage, eggs, cheese, ham, jalapeno or a combination of these ingredients. We wish they had them here in AZ. They were YUMMY!
The boys also rode the paddles boats around the lake in the middle of the KOA.
Brady was excited and jump at the chance to spend the day with Josh working. He got to ride in the big truck and see what Josh does everyday. He loved it and would do it again.
Josh and Amber have horses at there business lot so Josh gave Brady a ride and he loved it. Yes, my brother is a cowboy and he is a pretty cute one if I say so myself.
Probably Brady's favorite thing we did was tour the Houston Space Center. Brady loves space and would love to be an astronaut. We all loved this place. We watched different shows and saw how the lived up in space. They had a place for kids to play and try different space experiments themselves. The best part was the train tour of the different buildings and to see mission control. I want to take my whole family back to Houston to show them this place.
Brady having fun driving this and trying to land safely.
This is an actual Apollo Spacecraft. I believe it was Apollo 18 and the mission was cancelled so they put it on display for us all to see. It is huge and amazing! Most of it is the boosters that get the astronauts into space and then they just fall into the ocean. The very top of this is where the astronauts live and then return home in. Also on this tour we went by a circle of trees that are for the fallen astronauts and we had a moment of silence for them. We all grew a great appreciation for all the astronauts and the space program itself.
Ah Mission Control. This is the actual place where the Apollo Missions took place. We are siting in the seats where the families and other people sat which is right behind this (a glass wall separates it). We sat in the front row and I actually sat in the same seat that Queen Elizabeth sat in. All of the presidents (except the current one as of October 2010) have been in that room at least once. We just recently watched Apollo 13 and it was cool to think that was sat in that very room and saw mission control where it all to place. It was so awesome!
Brady and I trying the space helmets on. I think Brady looks good in this helmet!
That night after the Space Center we took a ferry and went to the beach. He were are being silly and trying to take a picture of us all jumping in the air. It took many shots to get it but we finally did!
Jenny, Josh and I
It was fun to spend time with them and just have fun! I love them both!
Brady had fun at the beach. We just played around and yes got a little wet!
Here is Brady on the ferry. We all enjoyed it.
Brady and I
The only bad part about this ferry ride was all the bugs! Oh my there were tons of bugs! YUCK!
The reason for this week long trip was for this. To watch Josh and Amber go through the temple and then be sealed to their boys. This is my family and it was a special experience to witness this. The Houston Temple was beautiful.
Here they are walking out of the temple sealed together for time and eternity. I was a proud big sister and so thankful to Josh and Amber for sharing this day with me and all of the others that were there. Proud of you guys and love you all so much!
My mom and I in front of the entrance to the temple. Wow what a great day all the way around! I wouldn't of missed it for anything! Well worth the 17 hour drive! Also want to thank my Grandma Sue, Trudy, Amy and Jason for helping me with my other kiddos. It made it easy for me to go so far away from them knowing that you all were taking care of them. Thank you!
Side note: While Brady and I were in Texas, Jay and the other kids we able to go to a cabin with Amy and her family in Greer! I had the camera with me so no pics but I was told what a great time they had and how much they loved it.
To celebrate we went to one of there favorite places to eat.
It was a place where they entertain and cook your food right in front of you. It was so yummy and a fun place to eat.
Here is some of us waiting to eat. I have to say that the trip to Texas was full of fun and laughter. We enjoyed each others company. It was fun to see Josh and his family, to see where they lived and just to spend time with them. I can't wait to go back and take my whole family with me! Thanks again Josh and Amber! Love you all!

1 comment:

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

Better late than ever! lol just kidding! We were so happy that you and brady could make it to texas and be there for us in the temple! We appreciate your love and support! You really have no idea how much it means to us for you to come! Braiden still says the koa is brady's house! he can't wait for you guys to come back! hopefully soon? Anyway Josh enjoyed having brady in the truck with him and taking him for a ride on soci! Our barn is finally done! We hope you guys all come visit again soon! We love you guys very much and miss you guys like crazy! Talk to you later!!